Monday, August 30, 2010

VOICING NICER WORDS

So after my piss talk on Friday night I really haven't had too many writing ideas. Perhaps I killed a few brain cells (lol). Anyhow I used my voice to speak nicer words yesterday and even got my bit of karaoke in. In case you haven't guessed I'm talking about Church. I try to go to Church as often as I can. Bizarre really cause I would never have guessed that I'd end up a church goer and actually enjoy it. Well, really love it. There's a certain stillness, a peacefulness that washes over me, like water over a sandy beach, the minute I step foot into this place of worship. I don't care too much for what religion or anyone elses beliefs about God. I have my own of those which are mine and personal. Last Sunday, the first Sunday here I attended Holy Communion in the morning. Yesterday I slept in and missed the morning service so attended last night. As there isn't too many attendees in the evening which is called "Evensong" I was invited to sit in the pews with the choir. It felt welcoming being amongst the elderly folk. It seems which ever Church I go to I am always the youngest, by a long shot. Why is this? Is it because I am one of the few my age to realise there is something greater than ourselves out there? Am I still seeking and searching? I've had this discussion with a male friend of mine before leaving Brisbane as he, himself, was entertaining the thought of going to a Church and was asking me about the Church I attended in Ashgrove. It did happen to be an Anglican church, which religion I am baptised but it was not because of this I went there. Purely and simply it was because I felt I belonged there and because the Reverend was very entertaining and thought provoking in his sermons. Every week the Reds (rugby) were mentioned. And although, so far, the Ministers here have been very much old fashioned in their delivery I find it intriguing to hear their voices, their opinions on bible stories. Another reason I liked Ashgrove's 7.30 am service was there was no singing and although here I'm not belting out tunes such as "Gimme Head" or "I Will Survive" I'm allowing whatever comes to flow freely, in or out of tune. There's little differences I'm noticing in the order of the service too. Like when the Priest says, "Peace be with you" I'm the only one to reply, "And also with you." I'm also asking the question "Where's my wine and bread?" and according to the lady sitting next to me last night they don't always do it. It depends on the Minister. And rarely at the evening service which is delivered from the old testament (1662). I take back all the times I called people with a religious fish on their car windows a "fish fucker" because now too, like them, I'm very happy I've found this enhancement to my life. If you're not already doing so, you should give it a go. You just never know! If fear of turning into a religious nut turns you off you just have to think of me cause did my previous post sound anything of the kind?