Tuesday, August 3, 2010

TEACHERS

I've come to realise that teachers are worth their weight in gold. That all the teachers strikes for a raise in pay were actually for a good cause. The future of the next generation is dependant upon our children's education. I mean who else is gonna teach the kids to read and write? It's not a simple task I tell you. How do you explain to a six year old things such as "i before e except after c" and c can sound k as in cat or s as in race? The English language is fucked. I like my Dad's way of writing, just as it sounds. And don't even get me started on grade six stuff. Pentagonal prisms, persuasive essays, diarama's. Do you even know what they are? I fucking don't. We're only doing an hour or two of schooling each day so how much more do they actually learn in a whole school day? We were told by the School Principal that the kids would learn far more through life experience than what they ever would in a classroom. I can only hope this is true as I can't see me getting "teacher of the year" award anytime soon.