Friday, August 20, 2010

POOING IN PEACE

I can't wait to get to Chipping Campden so that I can poo in peace. One bathroom/toilet does not work for a family of four. I could never understand how and why Dave could sit in the toilet, smelling his own stench, for what seemed like hours but now I totally get it. It's another escape from reality, from daily mundane tasks, from duty, a kind of relaxation if you will. I often sit in there with my writing pad and pen, writing out my lines, my affirmations. Sometimes I even get inspiration on what to write for the day. More often than not I can be found reading my latest book, currently Frangrant Rice by Janet De Neefe. A true story about her continuing love affair with Bali containing many traditional Balinese recipes. I think to myself I'll just read a few pages and then something really interesting will arise and I can't or don't want to stop. I'm also the kind of person that will not put a book down part way through a page and even then I have to read both left and right pages so that when I place my bookmark in I know that the next time I open the book I start reading on the left hand page. It is these idiosyncrasies that make me unique ;) It's kinda like which way does the toilet roll have to sit so that the paper rolls off either under or over. Also whether you are a scruncher or folder. I'm an over and folder girl myself :) Call me quirky but as they say you can take the girl out of the funk, but you can't take the funk out of the girl.