Wednesday, August 18, 2010

THE BUFFET

The buffet, in the past, was always my nemesis. The mere sight of a buffet was like an open ticket to Bulimiaville. But, nowadays, I've successfully negotiated it. I've worked out a little trick that works for me. Day 1 - eat a little bit of everything including the non-healthy variety (muffins, croissants, hash browns, etc). From then on I know what it all tastes like and I can choose only that which gives me pleasure, pleases my senses, delights my desires, and has me feeling fab-u-lous ready to start the day. There's no need for me to join the gluttony group, I've been there and know it feels fucking shit. A friend once told me she pretends the buffet is a menu and off the menu, after looking at each dish, she chooses just one thing, just as she would in a restaurant ordering a-la-carte but fuck that, there's too many yummy's and I like to have a little nibble of each which has been including eggs (yeah, back eating chook's bums), mushrooms, tomato, baked beans, orange, pineapple, little seeded rolls with banana, peanut butter and honey. On another note is it stealing when you take a little bit extra and put it in your handbag for Ron? Say, like a few pieces of whole fruit (apples, bananas), boiled eggs, muffins, croissants. I've a couple of zip lock bags to put the eggs and muffins in and the croissants get wrapped in a serviette. This all gets packed in our day bag and we're set for morning tea or even lunch. Am I a genius or thief?