Monday, August 23, 2010

FALLEN INTO A FAIRYTALE

It feels like I've fallen into a fairytale. The timeless elegance of Chipping Campden is like nothing I have ever experienced before. I am surrounded by its beauty which is magical and yet somewhat surreal. I have never seen anything like it. Overlooking the whole town from Dover's Hill in its stunning simplicity I am mesmerised and wait to wake up from a dream. You cannot appreciate the age old beauty of Chipping Campden and The Cotswolds until you are placed smack bang in the middle of it. Carol Cottage which we now call "home" for the next five weeks is a mere 50 metres from the main street where everything needed to live simply exists. The butcher, Drinkwaters Fruit & Veg, The Co-operative General Store are all within 100 metres from home. Church is a five minute walk away as is the sports centre containing a gym with a few fitness classes and a pool. I am undoubtedly in love with the village already. Lack of internet access is allowing me plenty of time for other, more important things like breathing in nature. I cannot believe my eyes walking through the streets. The "wow" factor overcoming me emotionally. I wonder how I could be so lucky to be experiencing such a wonderful life. What have I done to deserve this? I feel free. I am at peace.