Thursday, August 19, 2010

HYDE PARK

I did it! I got out for a walk/run this morning in Hyde Park, London. And, it was amazing! Finally my body has adjusted to local time and there's no more of this waking for good at 2 or 4 am bullshit. Although I did wake I was able to get back to sleep and since I wasn't completely shagged last night got my clothes ready so I didn't have to root around in my bag in the dark and wake Dave up in the process. That's the difficulty in staying in a hotel which is pretty much all one big room with a wall dividing us from the kids and a bathroom off to the side. I try and sneak around soas not to wake them. They're unlike me. Definitely not earlybirds. They like to sleep in, at least an hour or so after the sun has risen. That's another thing I love about London. The days here are so long. It doesn't get dark until around 9 pm and it was already light when I left the building this morning at 5.30 am. There was no need to worry about safety at that hour either. There's hundreds of people out walking, running and cycling. And there were so many different tracks you could take. I stuck to a main one and went for 1/2 an hour in one direction before turning around and heading home ensuring I didn't get lost. I headed on the Princess Diana Memorial Walk and guess what I seen? Little baby squirrels bouncing around. They were so cute. Of course, I didn't have the camera with me. Maybe tomorrow. Anyway, I'm home now and the family are up so down for breakfast we go before the crowd gets there.