Monday, May 31, 2010

I AM GRATEFUL




















Today I remember the people who have made a meaningful contribution in my life. Because of them I have learned to live more fully.

Just as I build upon the acts and achievements of those who have done this before me, others may build upon my life's example. As I remember others today, others may remember me in the future.

Today I take a few moments to appreciate those who taught me by example, to honour those who showed me the way. Their love and their willingness have changed my life for the better, and I am grateful.

I'm thinking my deadlifting days are over. I pulled a 130 kg again today but it seems that this is where I've topped out. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little sad and disappointed that I'm not stronger and able to get the mother fucker, 3 plates a side, off the ground, but that's strength training and life still goes on. I'm not going to get sentimental about it. I'm going to remember it as a fond memory of what I could do.

******************

"Intuition is a powerful force."