Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A DELIGHT TO THE SENSES















Today I ignored my head and followed my heart. Up the gently sloping road and into Roma Street Parkland. I walked through the stunning displays of gardens full of vivid colour, over the boardwalk spiralling through the subtropical rainforest, past the water cascading over the rocks, alongside the lake which is home to the endangered lungfish and many other fish and bird species, and lastly up the stairs of knowledge before a downward stroll home. Each precinct delighted my senses and my mind and body embraced a blanket of calm. It was soooooo beautiful.

It was then off to enjoy a delicious hot chocolate with an old friend from Singleton days. Was really great to catch up again after all this time.

Kid duties await now. I'm getting in practise now for being "the teacher" and having a laugh with the kids by having them refer to me as "Mrs Stark" during homework time. When wanting to ask a question they are to raise their hands but usually my response is, "you'll have to wait for Mr Stark to get home" as most of the time I don't know the answer - doh!!