Monday, May 17, 2010

ONE LAST CRACK WITH MATT















I've had a brilliant couple of days - surprise, surprise! There's always a calm that follows a storm!

Yesterday, early morning, but not as early as usual, I set out on foot for my first exploratory expedition of the city. I walked along Eagle St Pier, through the Botanical Gardens, over the Goodwill Bridge, in front of Kangaroo Point cliffs, back over the Storey Bridge, stopping briefly at Cathedral Square for a dose of meditation and inner calm, before heading home to feed the troops and get ready for the day.

Took the ferrets to Cathedral Square for some bubble blowing, soccer and handball whilst Dave finalised the last of the jobs at the last house. He then met us and we all walked to the City Library, loaded up on books and dvd's then trudged home with myself detouring to the closest Woolies to grab lunch and other supplies before dragging my arse up the steep hill, with grocery bags on each arm, to home. (Katie - I think my hill is bigger than yours!)

Got Skype set up, did the ironing (a first for me) then chilled for the evening in front of the box, or rather large flat screen, watching with admiration Jessica Watson on 60 minutes.

Today, really early, like 5.15 am, I again set off on foot only this time doing it in reverse. Decided that walking this route probably isn't a good idea that early when the sun is still sleeping therefore it's still dark and some of the pathways are not lit. I was armed with only my apartment key between thumb and forefinger, like as if that's gonna protect me (lol).

One of the highlights of my day was watching my daughter play her clarinet in a band concert. I sat there, watching, mesmerized by the music, with a huge smile on my face and tears in my eyes. Yes, I am a very proud Mummy.

Then it was off for a crack of deadlifting and benching with Matt. I've decided after this block of training sessions is finished to stop training with Matt. I figure the money I'm not spending on training will come in handy overseas. I've got three weeks left at The Lab. Unless a miracle happens I don't think I'll be seeing 150 kilograms on a bar in the air and not confident of a 140 kg deadlift either. And really, it's not that important to me anymore anyway. There's far more important people, places and events in my life right now. If it happens, great. If not, I won't lose any sleep over it.

Deadlift
- 100 x 3
- 110 x 3
- 115 x 3
- 120 x 3
- 125 x 3
- 130 x 0

Bench
- 35 x 5
- 40 x 5
- 45 x 5
- 47.5 x 3
- 50 x 3
- 52.5 x 0