Saturday, May 15, 2010

SO.......................

It's been a busy, stressful week which I'm glad to see the back of. To recap:

Mother-in-Law arrived last Saturday and has just left tonight. Need I say more?

KatieP arrived last Saturday late afternoon. Had a fabulous dinner at The Grove with Nicole, Lyndsay and Katie.

Sunday (Mothers' Day) we went to breaky at Jeremiah's cafe then hubby and I drove Katie to the Gold Coast where she was staying for a conference ;).

On the way home we stopped and bought this:













ASUS K72JR K72JR-TY028X Notebook.

All data has been transferred from my old hard drive to here ready for our trip.

Monday it was training with the Mattstar, organising stuff and general running around.

Tuesday morning I flew to Melbourne to pay for our Uzes (Provence - France) accomodation carrying $11000 in folding stuff. My dad, whom I have not seen for quite a few years, picked me up from the airport and took me to the cafe where I met a man and did the deal. We then drove an hour and a half to his place where I got to see where he lived and have a cuppa and a chat and make sure for myself that he was ok after just finishing his cancer treatment. It was then back to the airport getting home quite late that night.

Wednesday I was back delivering Meals on Wheels, training with Matt again and still packing.

Thursday we moved into The Ridge to which we are greeted each night with this beautiful view:















That afternoon we had our last Rabies shot before going back for one last load. It was a long and tiring day. Lucky for us St Paul's Tavern is right across the road and dinner was served.

Got some great news from Mum saying that the results from her scan were all good and that there is no sign of growths. This was awesome news and just the lift she needed. Only one more treatment in June to go now.

Friday it was up early to meet the removalist to take our stuff to the storage shed.















It was touch and go as to whether all our gear would fit in but with a lot of strategic packing we got it all, bar the trampoline, into the 20 square metre shed. Ain't nothing else going in there though as you open the roller door and it's floor to ceiling chockas so there'll have to be a bit more offloading before we leave in 10 weeks time. Again, another long, tiring and stressful day and I arrived home to wine o'clock, and a lot of wine too! Pizza Capers got it's first ever run for dinner before passing out for the night.

Today has been little boy's soccer:




























I organised the internet and finished unpacking. We're all done now and looking forward to the coming weeks, each week being one week closer to our departure.

Tomorrow morning I plan on getting up early and doing my morning walk along the Brisbane River. I'm looking forward to exploring the city and seeing more of the inner city.

Before packing up I was approaching Agents to accept my book for submission to Publishers but it seems that this is harder than expected with my genre being a crowded market. Majena (my writing mentor) has suggested some other options which I'll look into this week.