Wednesday, May 19, 2010

THE SOCIAL BUTTERFLY




















Have I mentioned how much I love Brisbane? This morning it was bright lights and city streets that entertained me until I sort of got lost. Must have taken a wrong turn somewhere along the line and ended up in the North Quay vicinity. Weaved my way across the roads until I came to the QUT and asked the security guard which way home. As I wanted to be home before Dave took the kids to school I had to run as fast as I could which, for me NOT being a runner, nearly killed me.

Had a great session training with Matt throwing around some stupidly heavy weights. I can shoulder press as much as I bench - what's with that?

Borders, in the city, became my next stop doing some research and reading. I love book stores and could spend all day in there. I seem to get lost in the silence of myself.

It seems I've become a social butterfly this week with today's companion being an ex-client/friend from Genesis days whom recently moved to Ashgrove and starting training at Jetts and whilst I was there mucking around one day ran into her and we decided to catch up near her work when I moved to the big smoke. We went to a lovely little cafe in Margaret St and engaged in exciting conversation.

There's still more social engagements lined up in the coming days. Love hanging with cool people.