Friday, May 21, 2010

THE SIMPLE PLEASURE OF WALKING

















For the last few years I killed myself with cardio. Not just any 'ol cardio but high intensity, intervals, and all that other jazz. I lost my passion for it and ended up hating cardio (of any kind). I was always made to believe that walking doesn't "do" enough. That "results" won't happen. Yet, I'd forgotten the simple pleasure of walking. It's now being re-discovered. I love walking, especially early morning, when the sun is yet to rise and the air is crisp and still. I love the feeling I get when I do it and also afterwards. It energizes me and gives me that "get up and go" for the day ahead. I love the calmness and clarity of direction that comes to me through deep insights into the future. And because I love it, it's not a chore, and I consciously look for ways to fit more walking into my day with incidental exercise. It's long term and sustainable. It works for me.

Deadlift
- pulled out at 130 x 5 rack's due to back pain

Bench
- 40 x 3
- 45 x 3
- 47.5 x 3
- 50 x 3
- 52.5 x 2

"We are masters of our own destiny."