Tuesday, July 27, 2010

WORKED OUT

I did my first bit of exercise, since arriving, this morning. The resort has a smallish gym set up with benches, free weights, a couple of recumbent bikes, a stepper and a home gym which I checked out yesterday and decided this would suit me just fine to get the blood pumping first thing this morning and set me up for a fabulous feeling day. I stole the 7 July workout from Skwigg and adjusted it to suit me and the equipment available. I really enjoyed it. It was nice and quick and challenging also. Might do some more of these kind of workouts in the next couple of weeks.

Ask most girls and they'll all have a favourite make-up item. I'm guessing the majority would say lip gloss but for me it's mascara. I've not put a scrap of make-up on since we left Brisbane and have not done my hair other than put a brush through it after showering. I did however, use the hair dryer this morning trying to get the kinks out as naturally I'm quite wavy. I didn't realise how fair and fine my eye lashes are and even if I'm not doing the whole hog I'll still whack a bit of mascara on. So, adjusting to none is taking time.

The toilets in our apartment are quite different from home. They have a huge bowl filled with water so when you crap all the crap floats around until you flush. The beauty of this is you get to check out your poop before flushing so even if it's a beauty, the ideal sausage-like stool, it doesn't sink straight down the s-bend. And, c'mon, who doesn't check out the quality of their shit? There's such a thing as the Bristol Stool Chart which uses your bowel motions to measure your health and apparently it's one of the most accurate self diagnostic methods available. According to my shit, I'm one healthy chick :)