Monday, July 26, 2010

JOURNALLING

I'm secretly, well not secretly cause it's a public blog, keeping my private thoughts on our adventure documented here.

I typed up some thoughts in word this morning, before we had internet, whilst everyone else was still asleep, and Dave wanted me to put some of it on our family blog so here is just the extra stuff.

Thank fuck for blankets on planes. Why does it have to be so friggen' cold on planes? Can't they crank the air conditioning up a tad? Wouldn't it be easier and less work for the hostesses if everyone was warm and toasty and therefore sleepy and then they slept most of the way? I was rugged up for the whole trip.

My food was delicious. I didn't want to be too big of a pain in the arse and request gluten free as well (which I try and avoid but didn't really eat too many grains/breads much anyway) so of course received pastas and bread rolls for all my meals so I'm all carbed up/glutened out. I would have been just as happy with a bowl of veges and fruit but you get what you're given and be grateful for it! I did get a yummy little cake made out of quinoa flour too.

And lastly, the toilet situation. I was sooooooo pleased to finally arrive at our room so I could sit my arse down on a toilet seat and poo. The toilets on the planes are fucking disgusting and I wasn't sitting anywhere near them so held onto the rail and squatted just to pee but really wanted to shit. Lucky for everyone else on the plane I had a blanket and was able to discretly fart with not too much stench reaching the open air. Today my bowels have gone "arrrhhhhhh."

The apartment is very comfortable. The resort, so far, so good.

We went out for breaky this morning:















We haven't been shopping yet although we picked up a few items from a little shop on the way home. I was pretty excited to find these whilst Dave was excited with his guinness.