Wednesday, July 28, 2010

LIFE NOT HOLIDAYS

I've had to remind myself that this is not a holiday, it's "life." Ever since I made the decision, only just a year ago, to never go on a diet again I've had the feeling that everything would be okay, an even deeper knowing. Occasionally, I still worry though which leads to unhelpful and unhealthy thinking and still sometimes emotional eating, although rarely. In the past holidays meant "hold out for as long as you can and then go for it" and although I'm far more relaxed about it all these days it is here, in our beautiful, relaxed, calm setting that I must live now as I wish to live everyday no matter where I reside.

At the markets this morning seeing and smelling all the dead animals turned my stomach and was a reminder why I'm now a vegan. I'm not saying I'll never eat animals or their products again but for now it feels good and right. God knows, in the past, I've eaten enough fucking chicken to last me a lifetime.

Fucken hell I'm sore. What the fuck was I thinking yesterday? It's all good though, with 1 hour massages for $5 on a daily basis I'll be walking normally again in no time. Tough life but someone's gotta help the Bali women earn a living.

I'm feeling much more settled this evening now I've gotten my bearings and feel like I can settle into some sort of routine. On the cards tomorrow morning is a run towards the main street heading for the beach.