Wednesday, July 14, 2010

LOST AND NOT FOUND















Nope, no luck finding the hangbag or any of its contents. I've been to both pubs we went to, rang the police station, went to the police beat, rang the taxi company who called the driver, called my phone, all to no avail. I can't believe I did it. As I said I've never done it before but I guess there's a first for everything. Lesson learnt is not to drink on an empty stomach or at least have something to eat during the session. It's not like I didn't eat on purpose, I simply didn't even give it a thought. I was having too much fun and engaging in some really interesting conversations and food was the last thing on my mind. And, all of a sudden it hit me and I was one wasted chick. You know, one of the ones that you see the bouncer asking to leave cause they've had enough to drink even though they're not doing anything. Yeah, that was me too! Anyway, replacement visa and eftpos cards are on their way, I have a new sim card in an old mobile phone from Dave, have instructed the receptionist to order new keys, security tag and remote for car parking estimated at $165, and last on the list is to get a new licence. Each day I'm putting this off secretly hoping that there's a decent human being out there who's taken the $224 cash and posted the rest back in the mail which will turn up, redirected to the post box. I'll give it till the end of the week and then I'll go get another licence.

More jobs ticked off the to do list:

Medical insurance has been paid up in advance to ensure continued coverage when we return home.

Purchased 2 x 4GB USB memory sticks for storage of downloaded photos.

Vietnam entry visas approved and passports picked up from drop off point.

Finalised first aid kit with all necessary equipment. Drugged up to the max just in case.

Ordered 2 x Frequent GlobalSIM Starter Packs from BackChat Mobile.

Had repaired Jayden's faulty Nintendo DS Lite (essential for kids and travel).

Emailed kids school letter of date finishing and request for places to be held next year and also blog link. Spoken to teachers. Ordered homework book for Jayden.

Created new family blog http://thestarkfamilyadventure.blogspot.com. Gonna let the family in on the blogging act.

Been to the secondhand bookstore and bought more books for long days lazing on the beach in the sun (in Nelson from the Simpson's voice - ha ha).

Purchased some small Australian gifts for overseas children.

And numerous emails back and forth to our awesome travel counsellor who is still working her butt off for us.

11 more sleeps. Feels like I'm waiting for Christmas! Excitement plus.