Tuesday, March 9, 2010

IN HER WORDS

I met with my writing mentor today to talk over, get feedback, next steps, etc on my book. Here's what she had to say:

"What a fantastic read, a real page turner but filled with deep insights and wisdom....

It was a real pleasure to read, gripping, funny and enlightening. The personal stories were a really good balance to the entries. They tell people more about you and they make a nice shift in rhythm between the shorter day-to-day entries.

Very good intro - just enough. I thought the shape of the manuscript ie the content and the order was mostly really good as is now. I expected it might need a lot of editing but you've done heaps of work on it and the shape it is in now, in terms of flow of story, what's in it, what's missing, etc is excellent.

I don't think it needs a lot of editing in terms of grammar, spelling, etc but Copy Editing is a very good idea, for things like full stops, commas, etc."

So.....I've just a few minor adjustments to make before finding an editor and agent but pretty much it's all system go.